Is the road safe?
For ages 16 and up
This Flood Safety activity pack teaches students important risks related to flood situations with cars.
The scene cycles through each of the 3 conditions
- Slow moving, deep water, windy, You can't see the road all the way through.
- Heavy heavy rain, shallow water and slow current.
- Bright sunny day, but fast current. Debris flowing down the flood.
- What is the process for determining flood risk?
- What to look for if you can't see the road through the water.
- In the right conditions it can be safe to cross flood waters.